- About PMA
- PACE Awards
Serve on a Committee/Council
PMA committee service is a stepping stone to becoming an industry leader, because serving on a PMA committee offers skills, training, and experiences needed to grow personally and professionally. There is no better testimony to the benefit of PMA committee service than to examine the careers of PMA's leadership. Of the 15 most immediate PMA past presidents that remain active in property management, 14 hold the positions of president, executive vice president or vice president of a property management company. Almost all began their PMA committee involvement as line property managers.
The benefits of PMA committee service are:
- An opportunity for meaningful involvement in the premier association serving the national capital area property management industry.
- The ability to direct PMA activities and programs.
- Leadership skills that enable you advance your career and demonstrate to owners, corporate executives and others you possess the qualifications and experience to accept increasing levels of responsibility.
- Delegation skills that enhance staff productivity and improve performance.
- Public speaking and presentation skills that are easily transferable for new account presentations and to retain an existing portfolio of business.
- Budgeting skills that save time and money.
- Performance monitoring skills that enable you to better direct staff and oversee day-to-day responsibilities.
- Strategic planning capabilities.
- Media relations skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills that position individuals to accept leadership positions.
- Access to an unprecedented source of property management and business information and acquaintances with the expertise and experience in almost every facet of property management operations.
- Lifelong friendships.
Click here for a listing of PMA committees, their missions, leaders and primary responsibilities.
Volunteer (PMA members only)