Please send resumes to email@example.com
· High school diploma or equivalent
· CFC Certification Universal
· Valid Driver’s License
· 5-6 years’ experience in maintenance and repair for apartment communities; Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
· Proficient in word processing and Excel
· Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to walk the grounds and apartments, ascend stairs around the property, lift 60 lbs., climb ladders over 10 feet, and perform other general physical activities such as bending, kneeling, pushing
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of all maintenance aspects in an apartment community and ability to complete the service assessment up to the standards of a Regional Service Manager
· Availability for after-hours emergencies as needed
The Director of Maintenance reports directly to the Vice President of Property Management. This position is responsible for managing capital projects, developing scope of work and contractor bids, setting standards for apartment community maintenance and turnover, hiring and developing service team members, ensuring compliance with maintenance procedures, and establishing safety and inventory control procedures. The Director of Maintenance will assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Horning Brothers Executive Team.
· Analyze existing condition at properties, providing assistance in the preparation and maintenance of a rolling 5-year capital and major project expense plan
· Develop specifications, scope of work and bids for major projects as requested
· Bid, negotiate, and supervise vendors for the performance of routine maintenance and projects including turnover, landscaping, pools, HVAC, etc.
· Create, implement and monitor an inventory control system for maintenance supplies
· Administer all contracts and obtain necessary permits and licenses for work completed
· Track and control project schedule while achieving completion under budgetary constraints
· Recommend and monitor on-going property preventative maintenance programs
· Assist in maintaining an up-to-date file or library of material suppliers, current labor laws, equipment rental rates, and qualified subcontractors by category
· Audit and evaluate turnover procedures recommending and ensuring consistency in materials, supplies, final product, vendors and cost reduction
· Conduct audit and inspection of storage rooms, paint rooms, maintenance shops and inventory
· Conduct property safety inspections with Property/Service Managers and RPMs to help resolve safety situations, audit asbestos/lead compliance
· Evaluate and provide guidance for the training of Service Managers and other service team members regarding turnover process, inventory control, trade skills, safety, and developing bid specifications
· Anticipate and recommend capital improvement projects for properties
· Ensure compliance with safety policy and procedure manual and that all team members are using programs, systems, and protective equipment available
· Support Service Manager with troubleshooting or maintenance repair if needed
· Interview and assess candidates for all Service Technician and Manager Positions
· Determine the training needs of service personnel, scheduling or performing the necessary training.
· Coach and mentor service team members, performing assessments as requested or on an annual basis
· Perform other duties as required
202-659-0700 ext 1213