Resume Submission Information:
Please submit resumes to Kamala L. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes when on call after hours.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with residents, co-workers and vendors/contractors.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Able to perform all types of hands on maintenance tasks.
- Ability to ensure safety of residents in emergency situations.
- Ability to update inventories and other supplies as needed.
- Responsibility for bottom line maintenance of physical asset.
- Ability to adhere to management’s safety policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Must have a HVAC certification.
- Must have strong ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining consistent performance
- Knowledge on Yardi and Nexus is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs
The Service Manager is responsible for being the sole technician for managing all functions of an affordable housing property to ensure quick resolution to all regular and emergency maintenance needs. Service Manager will be responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and maintenance related equipment. The ability to think critically, to provide innovative and proactive solutions, are successes for this challenging and rewarding position. This is a general job description of the duties and responsibilities of the Service Manager. This position reports to Property Manager. This is intended to be a guide; Management may assign other duties as necessary based upon the needs of the business.
This property is located in North East, D.C. (20008)
- Prioritize maintenance work orders daily to insure a prompt resolution (within 48 hours).
- Manage and complete preventive maintenance program in accordance with Horning Brothers policy. Appropriate documentation completed and given to Manager for review. Provide checklist to ensure completion of all maintenance prior to inspections.
- Schedule and assign work as necessary with contractors.
- Implement and enforce a work safety program
- Liability minimized through active programs of inspection and rectification of hazardous situations.
- Ensure curb appeal is at optimum level at all times including signage, lighting, walkways, policing of the grounds, and watering of landscape.
- Manage vendors/contractors per the terms of the agreement, including monitoring of performance standards and clean up. Obtain certificates of insurance for all vendors and maintain tickler system to ensure current files.
- Inspect apartments after move out. Assess damages and charges. Schedule turnover work and notify vendors for completion.
- Purchase supplies to maintain adequate inventory but within budget constraints. Keep up to date, ongoing parts and equipment inventory. Ensure all inventory is secured. Document and communicate purchases with Property Manager. Inspect deliveries for accuracy.
- Foster a positive relationship with all residents through courteous service and quality workmanship.
- Perform on call emergency coverage as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Contact Information:
For questions about this position, please contact Kamala L. (email@example.com)
3333 14th Street NW
Return to Career Page