Leadership Development Program
October 2021 - March 2022
As the property management industry becomes more sophisticated and complex, there is an increasing need to cultivate effective leadership at every level of operations. Understanding that a company’s ability to thrive and grow is capped by the collective leadership capacity of its senior and mid-level leaders, the Property Management Association seeks to support the leadership growth of mid-level property management industry professionals to prepare them for the next step in leadership pipeline.
Through PMA’s customized cohort-based transformative leadership development program, participants will:
- Build self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and communication capacities to lead self and teams effectively
- Cultivate critical and strategic thinking to elevate their organization
- Develop executive presence, personal brand and networking ability to prepare for the next level of leadership opportunities
Twenty participants will go through the inaugural six-month program as a cohort to learn from each other and to create shared experiences and understanding. The program includes:
- Insights Discovery Assessment: When people truly understand themselves, their potential goes through the roof. People can only make the best of the strengths they’ve already got, and work on facing their challenges, if they really know what those are.
- Intro to Leadership Kick-Off Session(2.5 Hours, In-Person Seminar with Lunch)
- Closing Session and Graduation (2.5 Hours, In-Person Seminar with Lunch)
- One Four-hour Insights Discovery Workshop (Virtual)
- Three Two-hour Virtual Learning Sessions to Discuss Topics Including: Engagement and Motivation; Listening; Feedback and Feedforward; Managing Conflict; Thinking Strategically; Decision-Making in the Face of Ambiguity; Negotiating for the Win-Win; Developing Leadership Presence and Personal Brand ... and more!
- Six 30-minute One-on-One Coaching Meetings: One-on-one coaching provides young leaders the ability to process new learnings, shift mindsets, and figure out how to apply what they’ve learned. Participants are challenged to think about the “why” and “how” to be more effective. During these virtual coaching sessions, participants can discuss real-time challenges in a confidential environment to determine new courses of action. Their coach serves as a sounding board, accountability partner and cheerleader as the participant learns and experiments with new behaviors that support increased leadership capacity.
- Monthly Cohort Happy Hours: Cohort participants will have the opportunity to share challenges and celebrate successes at optional in-person happy hours. This informal networking is not only about trading information, but also serves as an avenue to create long-term relationships with mutual benefits.
This program is open to PMA members only. The cost per individual is $2,135.
Connect with the future of the property management industry by sponsoring PMA's Leadership Development Program.
About the Facilitator:
Lisa Banks, Partner - Champion of Leadership Excellence, Optify, possesses wise perspective and agility cultivated through a multifaceted career in business and leadership. Prior to becoming a leadership coach, facilitator, and trainer, Lisa practiced corporate law, built a business, and sharpened her leadership skills while directing and growing businesses in the nonprofit space. She is a mindfulness practitioner and meditation teacher committed to promoting resilient leadership. At Optify, Lisa carefully selects our talented coaches and supports their professional growth. She also helps to shape Optify's partnership and marketing strategy. Lisa earned her Juris Doctor from the Georgetown University Law Center and Bachelor’s degrees in Communications and International Relations from the University of Virginia. She is a certified leadership coach and facilitator through Georgetown University and a Professional Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation. She is a mentor coach for the Georgetown University Institute for Transformational Leadership and a presenter for the ICF.