Comfort Cases In-Person Community Service (Spots Limited)
Monday, December 6, 2021
1 - 2:30 p.m.
Comfort Cases Center - Rockville
15825 Shady Grove Road #60
Rockville, MD 20850
PMA and the Community Service Committee is seeking members to volunteer at Comfort Cases Center in Rockville, MD.
Volunteers help with processing donations, counting inventory, assembling Comfort Cases and other miscellaneous tasks.
Due to concerns about COVID-19, we are limiting the number of volunteers to small groups. It is critical that if you sign up you keep your commitment or provide ample notice if you are unable to attend.
Click here to see available spots.
A message from Comfort Cases:
Starting on September 7, 2021, Comfort Cases will require all eligible volunteers who come into the Center to be fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of their volunteering shift.
- Reschedule your volunteer shift if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have been in direct contact with an individual who has tested positive.
- Face masks are required at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Volunteers must sign in before each shift and acknowledge that they have either been fully vaccinated or had a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arriving. All information will remain confidential.
- If you are dropping off a donation, we will have black bins available outside our Center door so you can place your items in them without having to enter the Center, unless you are compliant with the above guidelines.
As an organization we have implemented the following health and safety guidelines to keep our staff and volunteers healthy:
- Reduced number of volunteers at the Center during each shift
- Continued contact tracing with a sign-in sheet at the front desk
- Installed multiple Hepa Air filtration units throughout the Center
- Frequent cleaning of high touch areas
- Emphasize hand health by supplying hand sanitizer and asking volunteers to wash hands frequently
- Offering gloves to children under 12
.To learn more about Comfort Cases, visit www.comfortcases.org.